- The expedition has been postponed, with the dates now being set for March 6 to April 20, 2016.
- The port of departure has been changed to Cape Town, South Africa, instead of Fremantle, Australia.
- Our expedition will be aboard the RV Braveheart, instead of the MV Akademik Shokalskiy.
My plans for doing science on the island remain generally unchanged. If anything, these changes will make the scientific goals I have more important to me.
The smaller ship and later departure will mean rougher seas, so plan for a surge in sales of Dramamine and ginger not long before I sail.